Sunday, April 6, 2008

McCain/Montag 08

I was doing some research for this class. Consuming a nice peice of media call E!'s Daily 10 (or something like that). They had this silly little story about Heidi Montag from the Hills giving her support to John McCain. McCain responded by saying he is happy to have her support and that he enjoys watching the show. This raised many questions for me:
-Who cares who Heidi is voting for?
-Is the real Heidi or the I'm a tv character Heidi voting for McCain?
-Is the real Heidi and the tv character Heidi the same person?
-Who is Spencer voting for?
-Why would McCain admit to watching The Hills? Maybe he is trying to prove that he has a high pop culture awareness, but I'm not sure I need a politician with a high pop culture awareness.

So many questions left unanswered.

1 comment:

Gina said...

Ha your last post really made me laugh. What really bothers me about this is that Heidi Montag is no one. She just some regular girl trying to milk her 15 minutes of fame as much as she can. Who cares if she is backing up McCain, and if McCain really watches that terrible show, I think I'd be a little worried. I barely have any time with work and school to watch tv, especially pointless, plotless shows like "The Hills". Hmm, the media really knows how to manipulate things don't they?